3832/14614
Home /

IMG 2430

IMG_2430.JPG IMG 2430ThumbnailsIMG 2432IMG 2430ThumbnailsIMG 2432IMG 2430ThumbnailsIMG 2432IMG 2430ThumbnailsIMG 2432IMG 2430ThumbnailsIMG 2432

In 1816, the national Lutheran church decommissioned the church at Budir. A woman named Steinunn Sveinsdottir protested, and received permission to rebuild the church herself in 1848. The door ring is inscribed with the words "this church was built in 1848 without the support of the spiritual fathers." Sveinsdottir is buried in the churchyard.

Author
Craig and Steph
Albums
Visits
43
Rating score
no rating
Rate this photo

0 comments